A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, May 29, 2005

The Great Garden Shoe Challenge

Over at Garden Freak the gauntlet has been thrown down and a challenge has been issued. Crazygramma wants to see YOUR garden shoes. Never one to back away from a challenge, I am putting mine on display for all to see.

My garden shoes are actually sandals, Bass Sunjuns sandals . My current pair could be as little a year old, but I'm pretty sure they are two years old. Regardless, this will be their last year. I am very hard on shoes and handbags. Next year they will be replaced by an identical pair.

Note the criss-crossing straps. My feet always have interesting tan lines all summer. It was especially attractive when I worked a regular office job and wore pumps to the office. My personal favorite is after I mow the lawn. I love the look of green toes.

Here they are in all their glory:

1 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I swear that these look just like the gardening shoes I used to have years ago. As I have gotten older I try to protect my tootsies a little more and where canvas slip-ons now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home