A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

First Day of Spring

March may have come in like a lion, but spring has come in with a gentle rain. We needed it. It has been dry for days. It is supposed to rain off and on for the next week. This will prevent me from getting anything accomplished in the gardens. It's beginning to make more sense why I have always waited until April to begin my gardening efforts. I have to cram a lot of activity into a short amount of time but March weather is just too iffy.

I'm also hoping the rain will thaw out the ground. I received a cheery email from Springhill last week that they had shipped my order. I called their Customer Service line in a panic. The ground is still frozen. I can't plant anything. They assured me that my order was still in Ohio and wouldn't arrive for a few more days and if the ground was still frozen I could always refuse delivery and they will re-ship the order.

I have new visitors to the new birdfeeder. House finches, both the male and the female. But still no woodpeckers. It's so frustrating because I can hear them every morning. They are close by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home