A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Dividing Perennials

I went to Rutgers Gardens for another gardening course yesterday. "Techniques for Dividing Herbaceous Plants: The Applied Approach" Another great course. The only downside was that we spent the entire day outside dividing and replanting, so I got way too much sun. I wasn't prepared with a hat and sunscreen. But it was worth it. I learned a lot and I won't be afraid to divide anything in my own gardens. We were allowed to bring home any of the excess plants we wanted. Most of them were grasses which don't interest me. The only thing I brought home was a golden leaved hosta for the shady garden. Once I got it home, I realized that the spot I want to plant it in is currently occupied by tulips that are about to bloom and shouldn't be moved right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home