A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Reine Des Violettes is blooming. I missed the first blossom. It was hidden in the iris. I managed to get a blurry shot of the second blossom before the heat got to it. I had wanted to move this rosebush into the Purple Garden. Supposedly it is purple, but it looks more pink to me. Regardless, it needs to be moved. It is just barely hanging on where it is now. It should get much more sunlight in the Purple Garden. Due to some very poor planning on my part, I planted Cernuum Lilies last fall in the same area where I would like to place this rose so I couldn't move it this spring until the lilies came up and I could see exactly where they were. But they never came up . Next spring, I will just transplant the rose, never mind the lilies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home